[Equest-users] LEED review comments for System 5 heating source

Li, Lan lli at sbmce.com
Thu Jun 30 13:24:27 PDT 2011

Dear eQuesters,

I just got LEED review comments for my project. Our proposed design is
VRF system with roof top unit providing ventilation air. Roof top unit
is using gas as heating source. There are misc. elec. heaters in the
building for places like entries. I interpreted my building heating
source as "electric hybrid" and used hot water fossil fuel boiler as my
base design. The comments I got read as the follows:

Section 1.1.A of the form indicates that the primary heating source is
fossil fuel. However, the electric heating energy use reported in Table
EAp2-5 for the Proposed Case exceeds the fossil fuel heating energy use.
Please verify that the correct heating source has been selected. If
electric heating is the primary heating source, please change the
Baseline system type accordingly. Provide updated simulation results and
a revised Prerequisite Form as necessary.

I couldn't find an official definition either on LEED reference book or
90.1. What is your take on this?

Your input is highly appreciated! Thank you very much!

Lan

Lan Li, PE, LEED AP BD+C

Mechanical Engineer

Scheeser Buckley Mayfield LLC

1540 Corporate Woods Parkway

Uniontown, OH 44685

Phone: (330) 896-4664 ext. 123

Fax: (330) 896-9180

Cell:(330) 904-6292

lli at sbmce.com <mailto:lli at sbmce.com>

www.sbmce.com <http://www.sbmce.com/>

Columbus Office (614) 448-1498

* Please consider the environment before printing this email.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an
authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited
from using, copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or
its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of
this message and any attachments.

Thank you