[Equest-users] WSHPs in eQUEST

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Jun 1 07:54:24 PDT 2011

Hi Ben,

If you want the quantity/capacities of your modeled systems to match the
scheduled equipment, you should match the actual zoning.

Combining zones pretty much requires combining systems, as far as I
know... this is a by-product of the "1 system per zone" rule for DOE2.

"Too large" is relative - you could explain the system is an
approximation/sum of multiple heat pumps working together... but if you
are documenting the model extensively (i.e. LEED), you may find it less
work in the long haul to invest some extra time setting up the zoning
geometries accurately to start.  That's my standard practice for heavily
documented projects.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER