[Equest-users] LEED Review Comment - Exhaust Fans

Paul Diglio paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 17 13:02:54 PDT 2011

Pasha:

No problem, it is raping as far as I am concerned.  GBCI is using incompetent
reviewers and they expect us to train them.  They take the application fees and
offer nothing in return except ridiculous comments.

I have a similar problem with Northeast Utilities serving CT and MA.  NU offers
a modeling incentive of $6,000, an efficiency incentive up to $2.00 ft2 and a
LEED incentive up to $15,000.  They employ reviewers that have no modeling or
eQuest experience.  One reviewer expected that I would explain how custom
performance curves are built for an eQuest VRV system.

I told them I wasn't in the business of training their employees at the client's
expense.  I would provide the manufacturer's performance tables and my eQuest
curve coefficients, but I was not going to spend time to explain how to verify
that my curves are accurate.  They need to spend money to train their reviewers
or hire experienced reviewers.

I feel that the comments that you received from the GBCI were indicative of a
person who has no clue and is not qualified to review building simulations.

Regards,

Paul Diglio