[Equest-users] Different zoning per floor

Jamil . jimmyat81 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 04:18:03 PST 2011

Hi folks

I am working on a two story office building, where the layout of the ground is not same like the layout of the first floor and accordingly the HVAC zoning varies from ground to first floor.

In the schematic wizard, I am facing a problem of defining different zoning for each floor, as the program copies the zones of the ground to the first and does not allow for editing the first floor zoning.

I managed to define different zones in the detailed design, by editing the copied zones in the first floor thru changing the vortices of each zone. This method took a considerable amount of time and was pretty confusing.

I was wondering first, if there is a way to define different zoning in the first and ground floor in the schematic wizard and second, if there is an easier way to change the zoning in the first floor during the detailed design.

Thank you in advance

Jamil