[Equest-users] fan EIR

Mahendra Gooroochurn m.gooroochurn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:33:45 PST 2011

Dear all,

Can you please point me to any documentation that can help in understanding
the different methods listed in the equest Detailed Interface for fan EIR =
f(PLR), few of which are PTAC-EIR-fPLR, DX-COOL-EIR-fPLR. As per LEED
requirements, I need to break up the HVAC efficiency ratings into cooling
only EIR and fan efficiency. For example, I need to set the cooling
efficiency for one PIU system to 13.0 SEER and another to 11.0 EER. How
should the cooling efficiency (Btu/Btu) and the fan EIR be specified in teh
Detailed Interface to achieve these different overall efficiencies?

Thanks,
Kishan