[Equest-users] Exterior Facade Lighting

Steven Savich ssavich at systemswestengineers.com
Mon Mar 7 11:00:26 PST 2011

Richard,

First, which version of equest are you using?

If it's a newer version (think this was added in 3.63), then you can use the
photocell override keyword (excerpt from the doe2 manual below).  I believe
you'll need to add this in the .inp file, as I don't believe there's a way
to do this from the interface.

If you're using an older version, you're stuck creating more complicated
schedules.  In the past, I've accomplished this by creating a fraction
schedule for each month with the average sunrise/sunset times.

Steven

Volume 6: New Features
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Users\sjs\Documents\eQUEST%203-64%20Data\Help\DOE-2.chm::/
Docs/volume6newfeatures.htm>  > Introduction to New Features
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Users\sjs\Documents\eQUEST%203-64%20Data\Help\DOE-2.chm::/
Docs/introductiontonewfeatures.htm>  > Photocell Override of a Schedule
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Users\sjs\Documents\eQUEST%203-64%20Data\Help\DOE-2.chm::/
Docs/photocelloverrideofaschedule.htm>  > Building Description Language
Changes
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Users\sjs\Documents\eQUEST%203-64%20Data\Help\DOE-2.chm::/
Docs/buildingdescriptionlanguagechanges30.htm>  > SCHEDULE command:
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Users\sjs\Documents\eQUEST%203-64%20Data\Help\DOE-2.chm::/
Docs/schedulecommand.htm>

PHOTOCELL-CTRL

Accepts a code-word specifying whether the hourly value in the referenced
DAY-SCHEDULE can be overridden either ON (value = 1.0) or OFF ( value = 0.0)
according to whether it is day or night.

DAY-OFF                     Forces the hourly schedule value to be 0.0
whenever the sun is up.

DAY-ON                       Forces the hourly schedule value to be 1.0
whenever the sun is up.

NIGHT-OFF                  Forces the hourly schedule value to be 0.0
whenver the sun is down.

NIGHT-ON                   Forces the hourly schedule value to be 1.0
whenever the sun is down.

For example, assume lighting in a parking lot is to be on from dusk until 11
p.m. The earliest the lights are allowed to illuminate is 4 p.m., but will
not actually start until the sun is down:

"Parking Lot DSch" = DAY-SCHEDULE-PD
TYPE               = ON/OFF
VALUES             = ( 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0.,
                       0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0.,
                       0., 0., 0., 1., 1., 1.,
                       1., 1., 1., 1., 1., 0. )

"Parking Lot WSch" = WEEK-SCHEDULE-PD
TYPE               = ON/OFF
DAY-SCHEDULES      = ("Parking Lot DSch")
..

"Parking Lot Sch" = SCHEDULE-PD
TYPE               = ON/OFF
PHOTOCELL-CTRL     = DAY-OFF
MONTH              = (12)
DAY                = (31)
WEEK-SCHEDULES     = ("Parking Lot WSch")
..