[Equest-users] double-skin curtain wall in equest

Paul Erickson perickson at aeieng.com
Tue Mar 8 20:15:59 PST 2011

This is not something that can be modeled reasonably in eQUEST alone.  One of the approaches that we’ve used was to couple a CONTAM + TRNSYS cavity model with an eQUEST model.  The eQUEST portion of this needs to be dealt with in the detailed mode.  If you don’t need to use eQUEST, there are various tools that can directly model DSF variants to one extent or another (i.e. TRNSYS, Energy Plus, IDA ICE, IES-VE, etc.).  These are fairly complex tools and can still be limited for some of the DSF configurations out there.  Perhaps clarifying your specifics would help to elicit more insightful responses.

Good luck,

Paul

Paul Erickson  LEED® AP BD+C
Sustainable

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Boulevard | Madison, WI  53719