[Equest-users] VAV minimum flow

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Mar 14 09:35:01 PDT 2011

Hi Xiaoyang,

0.4 cfm/ft2 can be entered in the same detailed edit window I copied you
on earlier.

If you set the minimum flow to 0.5 cfm/ft2, that implies a proposed
system design decision.  Note that the referenced section is
specifically for Baseline HVAC systems, not your proposed model.

You can avoid making an assumption of which is greater, simply enter
both the ventilation requirements and the minimum cfm/ft2.  eQuest will
work out both for each hour, and provide cfm to meet hourly ventilation
needs in excess of the minimum ratio as necessary - this meets the
requirement of the referenced section.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER