[Equest-users] Constant volume baseline (not vav)

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 12:01:39 PDT 2011

Hi Matt,

eQUEST defaults to .5cfm/sf for supply flow for all buildings that I have
modeled. I am not sure how many people notice that and revise it to a more
realistic number. There is plenty of supporting documentation from ASHRAE
which suggests much higher levels should be used. I believe that this
default may be the cause of many zones being out of throttling range which
gives us all fits. It also might be why your cfm is too low. A word to the
wise is to always review eQUEST defaults for usability.

I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts on this particular one.

Carol

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Matt Dwyer <MDwyer at dwyer.com> wrote:

> Small building, Constant volume, One of the zones supplies 1000 cfm of
> makeup air to another zone
>
> Space zone loads are maybe 42 KBtu/hr   (not counting ventilation loads).
> Why would equest suggest a 1200 cfm fan is a good baseline (80% outside
> air).  What input is likely incorrect?
>

> Matt

Carol Gardner PE