[Equest-users] Air Flows

Brad Robinson brad.robinson at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 04:59:17 PDT 2011

Sorry for all of the questions recently on this list, but this is the first serious modelling attempt I am trying with eQuest.

I have a constant volume, 100% OA unit serving patient rooms and corridors  in a long term care facility.  I have set the airflow for the unit at 7,500 cfm.  When I look at the SV-A report, the airflow is showing at 9,090 cfm.  I then tried going into each individual sub-zone and setting the airflows.  The sub-zones airflows in the SV-A report are higher than what I have entered, and the total airflow still remains at 9,090. I am thinking perhaps I have picked the wrong system.  I assumed I could use a packaged single zone for this case.  Perhaps I should be using a different system type?

The other part of the question is how do I model the fact that is 100% OA?  Th only reasonable solution I have found is to have the exhaust air in each zone track the supply flow.  It is also asking for either static pressure and efficiency, or kw/cfm.  As the exhaust is at the unit itself via heat recovery using a heat pipe, I am not sure what I should be entering here, as the fan details would be entered at the unit itself.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Brad Robinson