[Equest-users] DX cooling - custom curves

R B slv3sat at gmail.com
Tue May 24 09:10:40 PDT 2011

I want to compare RTU (DX cooling with evaporatively cooled condenser) with
different compressors and am thinking of using curves this time around.
I would like to confirm if the following is correct -
1. The first curve is EIR - f(t ent wb, t ent cond). I am assuming that t
ent wb is the wet-bulb temperature of air entering the coil (i.e. the mixed
air wet bulb temperature) - 67 F wet bulb ARI condition - and t ent cond is
the OA dry bulb (95 F ARI condition).
2. For EIR vs PLR, the above ARI conditions should be kept constant and use
the EIR for varying capacity.

Thanks,
-Rohini