[Equest-users] Exterior Lighting

Brian Goldsmith Brian.Goldsmith at atce.com
Wed May 25 20:52:48 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,
I am confused as to what you are supposed to model and what you aren't for exterior lighting. The building I am working on has a very shallow parking lot surrounding it, so the sidewalk lights also cover the parking spaces. So for my baseline do I still include sidewalk lighting and parking lot lighting? I guess my general question is: if the proposed model won't have a type of lighting (my building does have a canopy, but no lighting will be installed on it) do I still model it in the baseline? Technically you are saving energy by installing fewer lights. From what I've read, it seems youre not supposed to model nontradable surfaces (building facades) in the baseline if the proposed doesn't have it. Thanks for the help.

Brian Goldsmith, LEED(r) AP
Design Engineer
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CC1B1D.B4C25D20]
97 E. Brokaw Road, No 300
San Jose, CA 95112
main    408.487.1200
direct  408.487.1217
www.atce.com<http://www.atce.com/>

Confidentiality Statement:
The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments is considered confidential, intellectual property of Alfa Tech Consulting Enterprises, Inc. (ATCE, Inc.) Any dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited without prior written consent.