[Equest-users] Exterior Shades

Greg Collins GCollins at glumac.com
Tue May 10 12:20:52 PDT 2011

There is no standard formula for doing this.  A correction factor for the SHGC could be calculated, but this factor would change significantly depending on geographic location (sun angles), and would not give you accurate results at an hourly level (accurate for annual only).  If you're trying to avoid modeling all of the shades, you could pick one typical window for each exposure to model, and apply those results to all of them, but I'd recommend against that.

This is when modeling geometries in Revit comes in handy ;)

Greg Collins
GLUMAC | (949) 833-8190