[Equest-users] WINDOW 6 file in euqest

Otto Schwieterman oschwieterman at fhai.com
Fri May 13 12:40:20 PDT 2011

Deepika,

You can only import the glazing performance values into eQUEST from
WINDOW6.

You have three options (that I can think of):

1.       Import the glazing values from WINDOW6 and create the frame
manually in eQUEST.

2.       Create a standard window in eQUEST.

3.       Create the whole window in WINDOW6 and choose the most similar
window from the window library in eQUEST.

I typically use option 3 because the results are usually very similar to
one of the library files. In the past I have also used this approach for
LEED baseline models but I recently switched to creating a standard
window in eQUEST for the baseline model only because the reviewer wanted
exact performance values instead of as close as available performance
numbers.

Otto