[Equest-users] Fixing unmet hours / outside of throttling range warnings

Mark Darrall MDarrall at a2so4.com
Mon May 16 08:59:23 PDT 2011

Ah, the difference a setting can make!  After playing with throttling ranges and sizing factors and getting only tiny improvements, looking at the zone temperature reports got me thinking to what was happening overnight. I then realized the AHU fans were set to never come on on night cycle, so the building was overheating at night!

Setting night cycle control to "Cycle on First" took care of it all! I now have unmet hours under 150 hours for both models and the design case unmet hours are fewer than baseline. I think I got it!

Thanks for all the help!

MARK DARRALL, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, NCARB
Senior Project Manager

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC13C0.AF288A60]

DESIGN ENRICHING LIFE // LIFE ENRICHING DESIGN

A2SO4 Architecture, LLC
Union Station
300 South Meridian Street / 250
Indianapolis, Indiana 46225
TEL  317 388 8850
FAX  317 280 0692
MOB 765 749 0841
www.a2so4.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message. Neither the sender nor the company for which he or she works accepts any liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.