[Equest-users] Supply Fan Power

M. Shields mshields at fstrategies.com
Fri May 20 06:15:14 PDT 2011

The exact comment is this:

"The fan power spreadsheet for the Baseline and Proposed models indicate
that the fan power of the exhaust fans have not been modeled identically in
each model. All independent fan systems of the HVAC systems in the actual
design must be modeled identically between the Proposed and Baseline models
at actual equipment capacities (fan volume and fan power) as required by
Table G3.1.10 in the Proposed building column, since the fan design air flow
rates and fan power per Sections G3.1.2.8 and G3.1.2.9, respectively, only
applies to system types 1 through 8 in Table G3.1.1A. If appealing this
credit, revise the Proposed and Baseline models so all independent fan
systems of the HVAC systems are modeled identically between the Proposed and
Baseline models. In addition, separate the energy consumption and peak
demand energy for independent fans in Table 1.8.1 and Table 1.8.2 of the
template and provide revised SV-A reports for each model reflecting the
changes."

I initially interpreted this to be that for exhaust systems the bhp/kw needs
to be identical in both buildings and based on the specified equipment from
the mechanical designer, however, my supply fan energy was Ok.  After
reading the comment and Appendix G I am not unsure if I also need to specify
the fan power to be the same for both models, ie use table G3.1.2.9 to
calculate fan power for both instead of just the baseline.