[Equest-users] Yet another basic question about detailed mode

lawrence Lile lawrencelile.p.e at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 06:48:21 PST 2011

When I switch to/from detailed data mode, I see the well-known warning that
"All changes in detailed mode will be lost" if I switch modes.  Now, just
exactly does "lost" mean here?

When I go to detailed mode, then make a change, then go back to wizard
mode, (WARNING: CHANGES WILL BE LOST!) but then go back to detailed mode,
the change I made (a duct leakage change) is still there.  So was it
"lost"? What exactly does "lost" mean if it still exists?  Or does "Lost"
mean the detailed mode change is not considered when simulating in wizard
mode?  I don't see how it is "lost" if the change still exists after
switching modes.  In what context does this detailed mode change actually
apply?  What precisely is going on between these two modes, under the
hood?

--Lawrence