[Equest-users] Title 24 compliance with 100% OA

Ryan F Larson rflarson at durrant.com
Wed Nov 9 09:49:01 PST 2011

Does anyone know how to use equest to model a 100% OA system and produce a compliance report for California title 24?

I am experienced with Trace 700 where it is simple to modify baseline and proposed values.  I have successfully completed multiple leed energy models, But I am new to equest and have been required to use it to show title 24 compliance on a California research lab that I am designing.  I've tried the SD and DD wizards, and I've gone into detailed edit mode looking for options to edit the base case with no luck.  I can produce a compliant model IF I set the outside air to be slightly above what equest calculates as the code required vent rate based on 15 cfm per person.  If I set my supply fan to its max rate of 20k cfm, and also set the OA% to 100%, then my building will no longer comply with title 24.  It seems as though changes to the wizards do nothing to the baseline model, but they add significant load to my proposed model.  I've also tried changing the building type and area types.  And on the activities areas allocation screen I've changed the max occupation sf/person and design ventilation cfm/person to both the core and perimeter zones, yet still the compliance report is assuming 15cfm per person and the quantity of people never changes.  Is there some other input that is causing the baseline model to default to 15cfm/person?   I really need to show both the proposed and baseline systems as having 100% OA and the associated loads need to increase in parallel between the baseline and proposed cases.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated,
Ryan F. Larson | Mechanical Designer | EIT
DURRANT  Progress by Design.
Partnerships and projects that advance communities
400 Ice Harbor Drive | Dubuque, IA  52001
T  563.583.9131 | C 847.902.2909
www.durrant.com<http://www.durrant.com/>