[Equest-users] Walk-in Refrigeration in eQuest 3.64 DOE-2.2-47h2

Vern Smith vernon.a.smith at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 07:57:21 PST 2011

  Good morning eQuest users,

Has anyone successfully used the walk-in refrigeration feature under the
Air-Side Refrigeration Tab?  I am modeling a small retail building with
a walk-in cooler and freezer, both of which I have set up as PSZ
systems.  Under the Refrigeration Tab, I selected Separate as the
Refrigeration Circuit Type with appropriate capacities and EERs.
Providing the Walk-in Box with a load, location (compressor group
assignment), and a schedule, results in no change in energy consumption
for the model.  Providing a Zone Load for Display Refrigeration under
the Zone Refrigeration Tab results in an appropriate increase in the
Refrig Display end-use.

I found the Walk-in Box key words in the DOE-2.2 dictionary, but
virtually no other mention of the Walk-in Box feature in the
documentation.  Perhaps I have missed something.  Any advice would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vern