[Equest-users] Light Shelves

Rob Hudson rdh4176 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 11:24:14 PST 2011

I looked through the archives and saw some discussions with this topic, but
wanted to ask the questions again.  I need to model light shelves for the
aspect of reducing HVAC equipment size, with no regard to the daylighting,
as of right now. This will be an issue, but i just want to see the
difference in the HVAC sizes.  Is the correct way to apply the light
shelves to use an over hang in the window properties? or should i use a
shading schedule? or should i use a building shade?  My first guess would
be over hang, but i haven't used these for this reason, so i wanted input
from others.

Rob Hudson