[Equest-users] HVAC unmet hours - high cfm/ton cooling

nic ffonics at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 08:03:28 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am having some issues on a EPAct project with HVAC Equipment.  The Quality
Check Details states that My CFM/ton of Cooling is high at around
750cfm/ton.  I have entered the exact design flows/ sizes of the heat pumps
as indicated in the mechanical schedules, but something seems to be short
circuiting the heating/ cooling relationship.  Should I discard the actual
supply flow rate?  I guess the real question stems from the fact that when I
increase the sizing of the system above 1.0 to ~1.25, the heating actually
gets worse.  Same thing with specifying airflow zone by zone.  At this
point, it seems that there is something obvious I am overlooking.

thanks,
nic