[Equest-users] PTACs and Natural Ventilation

Joshua Chapman chapmanjw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:25:28 PDT 2011

All,

I am presently modeling a residential building in Equest.  The baseline
system is PTACs.  The building will have Natural Ventilation.  No matter
what I do, natural ventilation is not available for PTACs.  Per DOE-2...

The following "VENT" keywords apply to natural ventilation through open
windows. They apply only to system TYPE = RESYS, RESYS2, PSZ, PVVT and
EVAP-COOL.

Is this a fatal flaw with Equest?  Has anyone found a work around? My only
solution is to change the system type to RESYS.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Joshua W. Chapman, P.E., LEED AP
O: 215.774.1429