[Equest-users] Glazing envelope

Andres Franco Usme MicroCAD S.A.S andres.franco at microcad.com.co
Thu Oct 27 06:32:55 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

First of all, I want to say thanks’ for all your useful help, secondly I
have another doubt, In my project the building envelope is a double glazing
tilt wall, I’m using as construction for the envelope a material with the
same u value specified for  the glass contractor, but I’m not using windows,
this procedure can affects the results in energy consumption, cooling temps,
etc?, third, the values that I had are big? As is my first model I’m full of
doubts!!. The values that I’m obtaining are:

My project is as follows: 2 underground parking 180.000sft, first ground
floor commercial 50.000 sft, and the fourth stories above are office open
plan 70.000 sft each, the target certification level is LEED CS gold, this
is my BEPS report, but I don’t have a clearly Idea if my results are so big
or what.

Thanks again for all your comments, any suggestion or comment will be
appreciated, best regards.

Cordialmente,

Andrés Franco U.

Arquitecto/ LEED Green Associate

Director División Arquitectura Construcción y Mantenimiento

MicroCAD S.A.S.
 <http://www.microcad.info/> www.microcad.info //
<http://blog.microcad.info/> blog.microcad.info
Tel: (57) (4) 293 21 21 ext 108 // 444 81 49 // Fax: 604 16 02
Calle 55 # 46-14 Ed. Perú Oriental Piso 13 // Medellín – Colombia

cid:7985792F-A620-443C-96D9-D84A8364C671

Antes de imprimir este mensaje, asegúrese de que es realmente necesario

El medio ambiente es cosa de todos