[Equest-users] DES Option I related question

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Mon Oct 3 06:04:58 PDT 2011

Praveen,

The Treatment of District or Campus Thermal Energy in LEED V2 document
has an exception for defining downstream equipment for cases like yours
where the LEED project building houses the DES (p. 7 of 29). The
chillers and other CHW equipment are considered "downstream equipment"
for several of the EA prereqs and credits. The actual project chillers
will need to comply with the mandatory measures of ASHRAE 90.1, which
includes minimum chiller efficiency per 6.4.1.

Regards,

Bill