[Equest-users] 90.1-2007 Table 7.8 Water Heater Efficiencies

Kushagra Juneja kce4 at kamalcogentenergy.com
Tue Oct 4 22:13:02 PDT 2011

Hi Paul,

There are two things being talked about, one is thermal efficiency and the
other is standby loss. Standby loss represented as (Q/800+110 SqRt V) and
thermal efficiency represented as 80%. I had the same doubt a while back. If
you look at other Formulae they are represented in the same way. Like for
instantaneous water heaters Energy Factor is given by 0.62-0.0019V. Btu/h is
the unit for Standby Loss. Not a multiplication factor. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Kushagra

  _____