[Equest-users] Using global parameters to streamline modeling

Keith Swartz kswartz at ecw.org
Fri Oct 14 06:34:31 PDT 2011

Bill,

I don't import global parameters from an input file, but I use them a lot for parametric runs. It just makes it easier when setting up the parametric run to change the value of a global parameter instead of searching through the various lists trying to find the name of value to be changed. That searching can be like trying to find a needle in a haystack, especially for people who are new to the program. If a model does not use parametric runs (like separate files for baseline and proposed), then I don't think global parameters would be very useful.

________________________________
Keith Swartz, P.E., LEED AP

Energy Engineer / Senior Project Manager
Energy Center of Wisconsin
455 Science Drive, Suite 200, Madison, WI 53711
Phone: 608.238.8276 x123
Fax: 608.238.0523

The Buildings Team
Design decisions through energy, economics and emissions analysis.
www.ecw.org/Buildings<http://www.ecw.org/Buildings>

Energy Center University
Your gateway to sustainable design training and online education programs.
www.ecw.org/university/<http://www.ecw.org/university/>