[Equest-users] Using global parameters to streamline modeling

Robby Oylear robbyoylear at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 11:57:01 PDT 2011

I've never used switch because most of the projects we work on have less
than 10 or so space types.  I have not ran into a problem where my user
expression had too many characters.  From what I understand of switch, you
have to use integers which would require you to have a corresponding Space
Type legend (i.e. 1 = Office, 2 = Corridor, etc.).  I prefer to be able to
look at a space in eQUEST and from the activity description know exactly
what it's supposed to be based on the name I've assigned it.

-Robby