[Equest-users] eQUEST-Screen#2 'Multi-Level Space' & 'Open to Below'

Ju-Yeon Julie Shin juyeon519 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 5 10:14:04 PDT 2011

Hello, this is Julie Shin.

I have some questions regarding to Screen #2: ‘Zone Characteristics’.

I have an office building which has a two storey high lobby and an auditorium space.

I know that this issue has been discussed here many times but I still didn’t get how to select the right zone types.

(Please check the attached eQUEST file and the following image.

I tried every single mixture of ‘multi-level space’ and ‘open to below’ in order to get the right atrium spaces, but the windows (even though they are the default ones) seem that they are not on the right places. And there is still a floor inside the atrium space.

I have read all the related threads here and someone posted a website explaining this issue.
That website says that I need to delete the floors existing in the middle of the atrium while I’m in the detailed edit mode.

So first, I want to know what I have to select, either ‘multi-level space’ or ‘open to below’, for the ground floor and the second floor atrium zones.

Second, if deleting the floor in the atrium is necessary, when and how do I have to do it? The user guide says ‘In the detailed interface, you can return to the DD wizard to modify your wizard inputs and regenerate your building model. Any edits made to your model directly in the detailed interface will NOT be reflected in the SD or DD wizard.’ It sounds like I can go back to the wizard after deleting the floor but the deleted floor still exists in the wizard.

Could anyone please explain about this issue?
Always thank you for the help everyone.

Julie
eQUEST-Screen#2 'Multi-Level Space' & 'Open to Below'
http://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=f262d68df7f5f9b9&page=browse&resid=F262D68DF7F5F9B9!241&type=5&Bpub=SDX.Photos&Bsrc=Photomail&authkey=nxFYq233Ma4%24