[Equest-users] Increasing OA temp for specific AHUs

Dana Etherington Dana.Etherington at crbusa.com
Tue Sep 13 11:55:15 PDT 2011

Modelers,

We have relief/exhaust louvers located very close to the intake louvers in an existing mechanical space, and are trying to show the client how this kills their energy consumption. This lowers energy saved from the economizer during winter months, and also makes the unit work even harder in the summer.

Is there a way to raise the OA +20 deg over ambient, for the whole year, and for specific AHUs? I think this will be a decent estimate on the increased energy consumption from this scenario. Or maybe someone has modeled this a different way??

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Dana

Mr. Dana Etherington, E.I.T., LEED AP BD+C | CRB | One Kendall Square Ste B2202 | Cambridge, MA 02139
Main: 617-475-3050 | Direct: 617-475-3061 | Mobile: 617-583-3009 | Fax: 617-475-3052 | Ext: 6061
Email: dana.etherington at crbusa.com<mailto:dana.etherington at crbusa.com> | www.crbusa.com<http://www.crbusa.com/>

This document may contain confidential information and is intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not transmit, copy, disclose, or utilize this communication in any manner. If you
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.