[Equest-users] help, I'm puzzled with which constructions & materials I should choose for the baseline modeling.

Jiao, Joey Joey.Jiao at WSPGroup.com.cn
Mon Sep 19 02:13:00 PDT 2011

Hi, every one.

I'm puzzled with which constructions & materials  I should choose for
the baseline modeling.

ASHRAE 90.1 shows that: "opaque assemblies used for new building or
additions shall conform with the following common, lightweight assembly
types and shall match the appropriate assembly maximum U-factors in
tables 5.5-1 through 5.5-8."

I have checked the Table 5.5 and I can be sure the U-factor, But I
didn't find the details of the  "following common, lightweight assembly
types" in the following description. What about you always do when you
meet this problem?

Thank you very much.

Joey.