[Equest-users] Room area takeoffs for EPAct 179D

nic ffonics at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 08:26:38 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am very new to the eQuest/ EPAct 179D experience. I am currently trying to
figure out how to approach building takeoffs. Should I:

*Use the accurate room areas from a zone plan. These are net room areas.

*Use averaged room areas. This is a gross takeoff including the exterior
face of perimeter rooms and centerline of walls for core areas.

The factors in play are:

*if I enter the actual dimensions from the zone plan, then the exterior
footprint in equest will have to shrink toward the inner walls. This effects
the surface area of the envelope.

*if I enter averaged areas, then the zonal volumes are innacurate.

I am doing the lighting portion of this in a second program, so this volume
correction will not effect the mounting heights/ sf of the power density
compliance.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am a bit overwhelmed.

thanks,