[Equest-users] Simple EEM question - HW Control

Walker, Matthew Matthew.Walker at tetratech.com
Fri Sep 23 09:56:41 PDT 2011

I feel like I must be missing something simple here.  I quickly modeled a building to show an energy savings through an EEM.  The baseline building is a VAV system with reheat.  The baseline HW System Control set-point is fixed, and the EEM is to change that set-point to an OA Reset. My simulation results in no savings.

I then quickly did a simple default building with the same mechanical system and the same Energy Efficiency Measure, only to find the similar result of no energy savings.  We have typically seen a 1% energy savings for every 4°F the boiler water is reduced for outdoor reset EEMs, but I cannot prove this result by modeling.

Can someone please either let me know if there is something in my models that are incorrect, or if I am wrong in assuming an energy savings from implementing a hot water reset from a fixed set-point?

Thank you!

- Matthew