[Equest-users] DOE2 Manuals

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Sep 2 09:28:29 PDT 2011

>From what I've seen, Varkie may already have them re-written - he's
quite prolific  =).

Pasha and others: this query/discussion has developed some extra
traction/momentum over in the [bldg-sim] list, so you may want to
review/join the conversation there ;).

A highlight: anyone with eQuest installed of late will find an
easily-searchable *.CHM in ...\My Documents\eQUEST 3-64 Data\Help
(compiled HTML, otherwise recognizable as 'help files' to Windows
users).  You can easily copy/paste images and text (separately) in my
experience, which is handy for discussions/queries here on the lists or
for any instructive purposes as Varkie is likely getting at.

So far as ownership is concerned, I expect one or both of the two names
that show up with the copyright (LBNL and JJH) should be able to permit
reproduction/re-use of the contents, or else clarify whether this is
somehow inherently 'public domain.'  I would definitely pursue asking
for written permission first rather than after the fact, if publication
is in mind.

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER