[Equest-users] Instantaneous DHW heaters

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 12:18:26 PDT 2011

Hi Team:

Hope everyone had a nice holiday.

I am doing an office building in eQuest with 7 EEMs. I am currently in the Detailed Edit mode.  I have an electric hot water heater with about a 400 gallon tank. I set the tank gallons in the EEM to 2 (as eQuest doesn't like Zero).  I ran the run and I get no savings.

I tried an test example in the Schematic Wizard using the Basic Office bldg presented. I used a storage type system for the Base (with about a 75 gallon tank) and an Instantaneous system (which is not a choice in the Detailed Edit mode) and a 2 gallon tank.  I got about a 10% improvement in DHW energy.

Can anyone suggest what I might be missing in the large office mode?

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Senior Energy Engineer

PartnerEnergy
1990 E. Grand Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245
W: 888-826-1216, X254| D: 310-765-7295 | F: 310-817-2745
www.ptrenergy.com| jaulbach at ptrenergy.com