[Equest-users] Simple Question - Utility Rates

Demba Ndiaye Demba.Ndiaye at setty.com
Fri Sep 16 10:28:04 PDT 2011

Lawrence,

The following is from the help file:

Volume 2: Dictionary<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Users\Public\Documents\eQUEST%203-64%20Data\Help\DOE-2.chm::/Docs/volume2dictionary.htm> > Economic Components<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Users\Public\Documents\eQUEST%203-64%20Data\Help\DOE-2.chm::/Docs/economiccomponents1.htm> > BLOCK-CHARGE<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Users\Public\Documents\eQUEST%203-64%20Data\Help\DOE-2.chm::/Docs/blockcharge2.htm>
BLOCKS-ARE

For energy-type blocks, accepts a code-word specifying the meaning of the entries in BLOCKS-1 through  BLOCKS-5. Allowed values are:

INCREMENTAL             Indicates that each successive block entry covers the next size block.

CUMULATIVE               Indicates that each successive block also includes the energy of all previous blocks.

For example, an electric utility lists its charges as follows:

Up to 1000 kWh       $0.05/kWh
Up to 3500 kWh  $0.07/kWh
Above 3500 kWh $0.08/kWh

This rate can be entered in either of the following formats, both of which will produce the same answer:

BLOCKS-ARE         = INCREMENTAL
BLOCKS-1           = (1000, 2500,    1)
COSTS-1            = (0.05, 0.07, 0.08)

BLOCKS-ARE         = CUMULATIVE