[Equest-users] Gated Community & Roof reflectivity (UNCLASSIFIED)

Eurek, John S NWO John.S.Eurek at usace.army.mil
Wed Apr 11 07:49:15 PDT 2012

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Consider you have 2 rooms, 1 room has 20 people for 1 hour a day, the other room has 1 person all day.  If you select 1 piece of equipment using auto sizing, the equipment will make the 21 people comfortable for the one hour.  The autosizing sizing is for the design condition.

Since the auto sizing balances for the case of 20 in one room and 1 in the other.  When there are 0 people in 1 room and 1 in the other, you will likely get unmet load hours.

This is one of the many many many cases that cause unmet load hours, but a quick explanation of why you get unmet load hours using autosizing.

Autosizing = design case for the worst hour
Unmet load hours = does it work for the rest of the 8759 hours

John Eurek