[Equest-users] Interior Space Temperature

Varkie C Thomas thomasv at iit.edu
Wed Apr 18 13:32:05 PDT 2012

See - http://bepan.info/engg-calcs  Excel File - 16 - Project Space-Temp-Rise
The DOE2 programs do not have a Space or Room level below the Zone level. Zone is a group of rooms controlled by a thermostat in one of the rooms. The temp of the room with the thermostat is maintained and the temps of the other rooms float. A Loads program should show the temps in the rooms that have no thermostat. The SOM-IBM-AES loads program developed in the late 1980s (and died in the early 1990s) did have this feature.  See - http://bepan.info/hvac-prog/x2-som-ibm-aes-hvac
I think the TRACE program has a room level but I am not sure it calculates the temp in the rooms without a thermostat.  If it does, then provide no HVAC to a room without a thermostat to get the resulting temp.  But then such rooms would have windows open in summer.