[Equest-users] Cooling design day

Javed Iqbal eee.javed at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 05:15:20 PDT 2012

Hi,

Please find following post on the same.

Hope this Helps!

"You can tell eQUEST to run multiple Design Days by setting the start day and
the number of days in the Design Day Properties dialog box in the detailed
interface (don't know about the wizard).  For example I normally set the
start day to 6/1 and the number of days to 120.  That way it will cover all
the solar angles from June - September combined with the ASHRAE Cooling DB /
WB, and will use the heating/cooling design day schedules specified in the
Week Schedules.  I figure this should pretty much cover it, although as Carol
said there is usually a peak in the weather file that exceeds the ASHRAE
conditions." ( http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/2008-September/000365.html)

Before equest will use the Design Day information in the schedules you
need to setup actual design days for the simulation to use.
You need to do this in the *detailed edit under the Project & Site tab*.
You need to create both a heating and cooling design day and then input the
desired temperature extremes and duration that you wish to simulate.
Reference the climate design data in the ASHRAE Fundamentals Handbook
for your location.  Once you create the design days equest will use them for
equipment sizing rather than the peak heating & cooling loads calculated
from the TMY weather data.
(http://www.gard.com/ml/bldg-sim-archive/msg04540.html)

 Thanks

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM, sambhav tiwari <tiwari.sambhav at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>           Where can we create  cooling design day .
>

> Thanks
> Sambhav

Javed Iqbal, LEED AP, CEA
Energy Analyst