[Equest-users] infiltration rate

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Apr 24 10:07:57 PDT 2012

For an "old townhouse," I think you may want to reference the ASHRAE fundamentals table for residential constructions (Fundamentals 2001, Ch28, Table 7)...  they surveyed a bunch of homes that were up to a few decades old to come up with a table that shows varying ACH rates, for "tight" to "loose" construction, varying with the OADT.  The tightest value given is 0.41.  Again this isn't a standard but rather based on real-world measurements.

A very good (and long) discussion thread is in the equest-users archives discussing alternate infiltration resources as well:  thread title was "Basic stuff - Infiltration"

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER