[Equest-users] Refrigeration Modeling (2) - Zone Load

Yoni Pollak ypollak at gtp-eng.com
Fri Aug 3 07:21:33 PDT 2012

Hi All,

Has anyone had experience modeling refrigeration cases?  I posted a question
the other day but this one is different.

So under Air-Side HVAC Zone Parameters > Refrigeration Tab, Zone Load
(REFG-ZONE-LOAD) I entered the free cooling affect from the refrigeration
cases to the space (as described in the key word help).  But looking at the
SIM file, this parameter is increasing my zone loads rather than decreasing
them, and in fact is causing my space to have more unmet load hours.  Should
I apply a negative number to this parameter, or is this parameter not the
'free cooling' affect.

That along with the Walkin Box Load under the Air-Side HVAC System
Parameter.  Not sure how the program is using this value.

Thanks!

Yoni G. Pollak, P.E.

Mechanical Engineer

GTP Consulting Engineers, Inc