[Equest-users] Commercial Foodservice Equipment in Energy Model

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Tue Aug 14 07:58:56 PDT 2012

Dear All,

I am trying to model foodservice equipment as process energy. I have
read previous messages on the forum and have reached the energy
consumption table at http://www.fishnick.com/design/resources/leed/.
However, analyzing the table, I have trouble understanding what the idle
rate and efficiency concepts really mean and how to convert them into
eQuest language (meaning installed power x fraction schedule). Can I use
the idle rate as a normalized power consumption rate during one hour? Is
this table sufficient by itself to determine energy consumption or do I
need to know other data? What use does equipment efficiency have in
modeling input?

Thank you,

Ömer Moltay, LEED AP BD+C, ASHRAE BEMP, ASHRAE CPMP, BREEAM Assessor
Mimta EkoYapi
Hekimsuyu Cad. 559. Sk. No:39
34255 Kucukkoy Istanbul
Tel: 90-212-617-2296