[Equest-users] ASHRAE Standard 90.1.2004 Appendix G: Need Help Interpreting.

Daniel Sze dsze314159 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 14:50:21 PDT 2012

Hello people,

I am working on a 179D project for a client and I need help in interpreting
a requirement of Appendix G in the ASHRAE Standard 90.1.2004.

For domestic how water systems, App G says that you should follow part A
for the baseline if a HW system is already in place or part B if a new HW
systems is to be installed in the future.

Since the client's factory's HW system is in place, shall I follow part A
even though the system might be significantly different from the one
specified in the Standard that meets the minimum requirements?

Thank you in advance.