[Equest-users] Negative Cooling Energy

Eric O'Neill ELO at MichaelsEnergy.com
Mon Aug 27 11:12:00 PDT 2012

I looked around and found a few threads with people experiencing a similar issue as I'm experiencing right now, however, it sounds like their issues may have involved using custom efficiency curves (which I am not). The issue is - I'm getting negative cooling energy, particularly during the shoulder economizer months. I either need help identifying this novel energy source so I can patent it and become filthy rich, or figure out how I broke DOE2...

If it helps, the effect is exaggerated when I change the economizer lockout from 65F to something lower like 45F (this is where I took the above screenshot).

Has anyone seen this before or found a resolution? I'm guessing (well, hoping) that it's something trivial that I am overlooking, but a weekend away from the model hasn't helped...

I'm attaching the project files. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Eric O'Neill
608.785.3328 | MICHAELS ENERGY