[Equest-users] Energy Code Compliance - LEED (90.1)

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Aug 8 11:59:27 PDT 2012

Hi Yoni,

Strictly, eQuest can be used as a means to demonstrate compliance via the energy cost budget method (ECBM, section 11), but there is not an automated process built in as you might be envisioning.

eQuest's "90.1" libraries & references are specifically for use in developing an Appendix G baseline (not ECBM) for LEED 3.0, which is to say 90.1-2007.

That said, I'd feel remiss to not mention that 90.1 compliance is nearly always most easily performed prescriptively, not with any energy model.  If it's an option, I would prefer to start from scratch prescriptively over a modeling approach (your developed model can still be used alongside as a reference for takeoffs and equipment details).  COMcheck in particular makes prescriptive compliance/documentation very easy.

Best wishes,

~Nick
[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.