[Equest-users] Data Center Modeling

Stormy L. Shanks shankssl at kjww.com
Tue Aug 14 14:33:45 PDT 2012

Omer,

I believe that the cooling is considered regulated energy usage, not process energy.  I'm not certain how the Appendix G baseline would be modeled, though. There may be CIRs that provide direction on this.  Addendum bu to 90.1-2007 that Umesh linked below takes away the economizer exception for data centers that's been used as a "loophole" in the past to model the baseline system with no economizer. But, you may be able to disregard that because you are not forced to use addenda for LEED models, right? There may be a CIR that addresses economizer, too. Have you reviewed the CIRs for information related to data centers and the baseline model?

Stormy Shanks, PE
www.kjww.com