[Equest-users] eQuest Modeling of Complex floors & assigning HVAC Systems

Nimesh Prajapati nimonicsequest at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 22:37:51 PST 2012

Hi Friends,

I have one problem and I do not know How I can do this.

Please refer the attached picture of the building I am modeling:

1. The Second to fouth floor of the building consists of central portion
and to model this I have created each floor in two parts & combined them
together & will define the walls in contact as adiabatic walls. also note
that the building consists of basement floor + Six upper floors and not a
single floor is identical in zoning. So I created each floor seperately &
placed one above other.

2. The Central portion of the building from second floor to fourth floor is
served by the AHU as per the clients information. And the forth floor
central portion is consisting of roof which have sky lighting too.

So How Can I create this roof on this cental portion of fourth floor and
can assign HVAC System to this central area from Second floor to fourth
floor? Do I need to create cental zone in each floors in order to assign
HVAC System as usual?

Can you please suggest me your ideas?

Best Regards,

Nimesh Prajapati

HVAC Design Engineer & Energy Modeler

(+91 9687133492)

Skype: nimonicone*
*

*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail*