[Equest-users] Switch-over system

Omid Manouchehri omid at kane-consulting.ca
Wed Dec 19 17:58:16 PST 2012

Bill,
Thank you for your email. i guess I should've explained a bit better. So the system is not two pipe, there is a CHW and HW loop. However at the zonal level (unit ventilator at some zone and VAV with active chilled beams at others) the system is switchover. The cooling is done through a ASHP and same ASHP does heating too as well as boiler back up.

I do have the SNAP on with the outdoor air set temperature for both cooling and heating loops. The heating does seem to stop in summer (above the SNAP temp). However the cooling appears to be year round!

Regards,

Omid Manouchehri
LEED AP BD+C
Energy Services Manager