[Equest-users] eQUEST: Savings By Design Module

Ross Farris RFarris at glumac.com
Thu Feb 16 14:18:35 PST 2012

Hello eQUEST Guru's,

I am wondering if anyone out there has had any luck with the Savings By Design module for eQUEST v3.64. I am currently attempting to model an office building that is being served by an existing central plant. I know that we have a solid, energy efficient design but the numbers aren't showing this. Intuitively, the design should be qualifying for the SBD program (exceeding the Title 24 minimum by at least 10%), but my HVAC numbers are far worse than the baseline building that eQUEST assembles. Have other's had similar issues? I have reached out to the utility company to find an engineer from the program to help, but in the interim I thought I would check this forum as well. Any advice and or general comments are welcomed.

As an aside, I have not tried modeling this in (the dreaded) EnergyPro yet because I have a great deal of time invested in this model and don't want to have to scrap it just to put something together for the incentives program. I really want to make this eQUEST module (though apparently flawed) work.

Thanks,
Ross

Ross Farris, CEPE
Energy Analyst

[cid:image001.gif at 01CCECB5.41D0F230]<http://www.glumac.com/>
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CCECB5.41D0F230]
150 California Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
T.  415.398.7667 ext.4083  F. 415.398.0596
Thinking. Inside the building.
[cid:image003.png at 01CCECB5.41D0F230]<http://www.twitter.com/glumacengineers>[cid:image004.jpg at 01CCECB5.41D0F230]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glumac/213797265436>[cid:image005.jpg at 01CCECB5.41D0F230]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/34034>