[Equest-users] eQuest on Mac

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:37:49 PST 2012

for the record, i have run various versions of vmware since late 2008 on
a mac mini (2007 core duo w/2gigs of ram), a macbook (2008 white core 2
duo 4 gigs ram), and my imac (2008 core 2 duo w/4 gigs of ram).  no
problems with vmware, windows, or equest on any of the machines.  winxp
pro on the imac, win2k on the macbook and on the mini.  i tried
parallels back in 2008 but found vmware more to my liking.  i've tried
wine, and crossover office (as a beta tester) for equest & not had any
stable success in either case.  from my experience, despite not wanting
to deal with windows on my mac, vmware just works.  just backup the
virtual machine once it is set up so if it gets corrupted you can
restore the backup.  and save all of your work to a server that is
backed up so when windows eventually goes you don't lose all of your
equest work.