[Equest-users] Fan energy fundamentals - Appendix G models

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Feb 24 13:49:49 PST 2012

I'd feel remiss to not reiterate where I left the discussion some months ago also:  The baseline VAV curve defined by 90.1 does not paint a clear picture as to what it is representing in regards to SP setpoint strategies.

I've offered some speculation as to what conditions it does seem to be based upon from the shape and the behavior it describes, but ultimately I don't believe the curves produced by eQuest or this EDR guideline are on the same playing field as the 90.1 curve:  apples and oranges.

Also, I see the images have dropped off in the emails way below, for anyone picking up on the topic today... so I've attached a copy of the discussion I have including the curve images I posted to compare/contrast some of the curves under discussion.

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER